Sunday, September 7, 2014

Dragon Mart!

The city of Dubai is drawn up into several different districts, for example I work in the Academic City, and I live in the World Trade Centre district. Nearby Academic City is International City, really all of Dubai is international, but this area is more so, mostly Asian if my observations are correct. I had to do some business at Dragon Mart-- which seems like a flea market in a warehouse/mall-- imagine Concord Mills outlet mall 50 years from now, and full of crazy junk... This is another story that I feel I can tell best in pictures. The entrance to Dragon Mart-- a giant dragon fountain, you can see this from the highway.
It was about lunchtime and being crazed from the short drive, I felt ravenous. So, of course, I had a Mexican Chicken Shawarma for lunch-- why not? I really don't know how this was prepared, but it seemed like a taco in a wrap. "Mexican" because it was spicy and it had some cole slaw inside... It hit the spot and I wasn't hangry anymore.
There's lots of weird stuff at Dragon Mart-- except for what you really came for. Plenty of styles of leggings to choose from. Someone, please dare me to wear the American flag leggings around Dubai. 
I don't know if these photos really show it, but this gigantic place is filled with little shops selling whatever strange stuff. "Boil Fashion?" Maybe that is a funny translation?
I love lighting stores, and there was plenty of that here. Really creative lighting actually, but some of it was flashing like crazy and kind of gave me a headache. By the way, if you have seizures, be careful in Dubai, some places are really intense. I hope these photos came out, it is some big globe disco-style lights, a horse lamp, and some palm lamps. One of these for my apartment is on the wish list.
When I finally made my way out of there, I snapped a photo of the scenery on the way back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment