Friday, August 1, 2014

Seven Days of Celebrating

The short countdown begins today, Erik and I will fly out on Friday 8/8, so we will be having a lot of fun, leading up to a lot of fun. I've had farewell coffee, lunch, dinner, and drinks with an array of people, but of course didn't get to see everyone. The idea of a big party was too daunting, so I plan to have a house party next time I'm home, when I have something interesting to talk about, other than my anticipated trip. Thursday 7/31 was my last day employed with CPCC and Elaine planned a special lunch date at Alexander Michaels, which I almost missed, due to being late. Thanks to Erin, Denise, Elaine and Retha for coming out.
Erik and I carefully chose how we will spend my last weekend in the US for a while. Charleston was the easy answer, it is a special place for us and we love the food. We will stay at a historic bed and breakfast on the battery and eat at least a dozen oysters on the half shell per day, per person.
Monday through Wednesday I will see the folks in Richmond and spend some time at Virginia Beach. My 16 year old niece Jenna, is visiting from Missouri, so we will get to have some quality time together. She is fun and spunky, we always make the most of the ocean and wake board together for hours.
Thursday Erik, Nate, Tammy and I are going to the Nine Inch Nails and Soundgarden concert, which should be an awesome last evening in Charlotte. Then there is packing... I invested in these gigantic sexy twins, but have hardly filled them up yet. I guess I have a week left to figure out what else I need to bring.
The Delta flight from Atlanta will take 14 hours to get to Dubai- we are really looking forward to that! I'll check in on 8/10 to let y'all know if the United Arab Emirates customs will let us in.

No comments:

Post a Comment