Monday, October 19, 2015

Recycling in Dubai

One of the biggest adjustments for me in Dubai is the lack of recycling. Everyone drinks bottled water, I suppose desalinated water is not great drinking water- but with all the plastic water bottles I'm using now my carbon footprint is huge!
It makes me feel slightly better that I have finally found a recycling service that does home pickup. 
You can learn about what they recycle and make a pickup request through the Keep It Clean App. If you have any questions the people who run the company are responsive by email and phone.
I'm having a large amount of stuff picked up tomorrow. I schedule a pickup once a month. I wish I could find a way to compost organic material too, but at the moment HomeCycle only does coffee grounds.
I have only done this since July and I'm happy with this free service, it's better than everything going to a landfill.

No comments:

Post a Comment