Thursday, November 12, 2015

Make it rain!

It's been looking cloudy all week and we finally got rain this morning. It really blows your mind when one hasn't seen water fall from the sky in months. 
During the winter we will get maybe 4-5 rainfalls in Dubai. They get more precipitation in the higher elevations of the UAE, like the Emirate of Ras Al Khamiya gets rain, even sleet, up in the Hajar Mountains. Saudi is reported to get snow! Last winter there were cool pics of camels with flakes sitting on their lovely lashes. I ❤️ camels, I hope they are ok with a little snow.
I woke up to this view from my window, stormy eh? 


Then, there was more rain while I was in Sharjah. I even had a big puddle near my car.


It has been said that to fill the reservoirs there is a cloud-seeding program, to trigger a cloud burst when it is needed. Here is an article with more information about this: http://khaleejtimes.com/nation/weather/cloud-seeding-making-rain-in-desert-by-a-naturalised-process
It's "winter" now, so the temp is about 20C/60F- brrr! We will get more wind and dust storms. And I can't go swimming at the beach every weekend again until February! Rough...

No comments:

Post a Comment