Saturday, February 13, 2021

Jameel Arts Center Dubai

 I visited the Jameel on Saturday to see my friends exhibit near the library, very cool graphic novels on display. https://jameelartscentre.org/whats-on/library-circles-david-hirsch/ Mostly Arabic language, impressive array, and beautifully illustrated. I always love the Jameel and this visit was just as interesting.







I saw an exhibit that seemed like a forthcoming coffee table book about data, media, privacy, or some combination. Will buy the book and see what it is in print form..."Age of You" is the exhibit title, "The Extreme Self" is the book title. 


I will need to return because I had just entered the first floor where Iraqi artist Hiwa K. has a multimedia exhibit, but it was closing time. I have a lot of interest in Sulaymaniyah Iraq, where this artist has connections, there is the American University of Sulaymaniyah, which I hear is a great place. https://jameelartscentre.org/whats-on/hiwa-k-do-you-remember-what-you-are-burning/



No comments:

Post a Comment