Sunday, May 9, 2021

SNL first global Live Stream on YouTube


Last month I visited my parents in Virginia when St. Vincent was the musical guest of Saturday Night Live, unfortunately we were all asleep before 11:00p.m. and this show starts at 11:30p.m. This live sketch comedy show has been a family favorite for my entire life, mom watched it live before we were born. It was sad to miss an opportunity to watch a full show as it was being performed. 

I was just speaking on the phone to my mom and bro, complaining that I wanted to watch Elon Musk host, but as usual, was going to miss it. We talked about VPN's and such, but I figured I would not be able to see it, so oh well, I'll catch the skits on YouTube later.

Behold! This morning I got a notification that the *first* global livestream was starting on YouTube so I managed to watch as I was getting ready for work! Even better is when SNL was having a commercial break, I heard some nice jazz music instead of commercials. My brother in the US said he didn't want to sit through commercials so he will watch it later too. For the first time, I got the benefit of SNL --LIVE! 

Now, let's hope that we can someday score audience tickets... We've stood in live enough over the years.. Let's see!

No comments:

Post a Comment