Sunday, March 22, 2015

Giving up Facebook

I have tried to take a "facebreak" off and on for a few years now, and it has recently felt like Facebook is winning the battle for my personal time. This past weekend I avoided all the things I had planned and just gazed into the internet-- so I impulsively deactivated my Facebook account!
I already miss a lot of things, such as pictures of my dear friends new baby, and anticipated information about a couple of people I am expecting will become engaged soon... Hopefully the old-school grapevine will work and I will know about these awesome things in a more natural way.
I was using social media as a social crutch and an excuse to not go out and live life the normal way. I was even trying to use software such as StayFocusd, which worked a little, but I would find ways around it.. If you need to make sure you don't spend more than 10 or 20 minutes at a time on WasteBook or other social media, it's something to consider downloading on all of your devices...
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stayfocusd/laankejkbhbdhmipfmgcngdelahlfoji?hl=en

If you want to get in touch with me, please remember to check my website for contact info: www.melaniewood.com
I hope to be posting more fun UAE adventures, now that I'm unhooked!
Picture: an after brunch stroll along Dubai Creek, view of downtown Dubai across the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment