Saturday, May 30, 2015

Breakfast (with pictures)

Yesterday I wrote an incomplete blog entry about Turkish breakfast, because there were no photos of the food. http://melaniesdubaidiary.blogspot.com.tr/2015/05/turkish-breakfast.html
Today I made an effort to document my breaky before devouring. 
At first, I thought we just got really lucky that the complimentary breakfast here was amazing, but I'm figuring out that with the hotels here, a nice breakfast is a major thing, many hotels in Istanbul have rival spreads. 
Front and center is, like scrambled eggs with chorizo, but with a Turkish spicy sausage. Very tasty.
The biggest surprise for me is simit, Turkish bagel. I love bagels, and had never heard of this. It's thinner than the huge NY bagels, so when I saw it, it looked to me like a round pretzel. These have very nice toasted sesame seeds and other spices, so it's like a great everything bagel that you can eat plain. 
The fried french toast seems over the top to me, I like it fine on the griddle, but that's how they do here. It's great with the nice range of preserves to choose from.
Also, you can see the plates are personalized, along with the view, this place seems super fancy to me, but is only a modest price to stay. 
I haven't stayed anywhere else in Istanbul, the Sultanamet area was strongly recommended, but I'm glad I have stayed in Beyologu/Pera.
It's a little noisy at night, because it's so fun. But I suggest you join the fun, or use the earplugs that are supplied to you, along with a shoehorn.not together of course.. 
It's also worth mentioning there are a lot of gay guy couples here. I'm not sure if Istanbul is notably gay-friendly, but the antiques neighborhood is nearby, with rug shopping not far away, so they probably regularly host same sex couples. Even more reason to party in Begoylou, I hope gay friends, and everyone actually, will come check it out.
I love breakfast, here are more pics: 




1 comment:

  1. Wow, that spread looks divine. Im going to search for some simit!

    ReplyDelete